- August 31, 2016 at 11:41 AM #1859kingpostParticipant
Dove season opens this weekend and I will be down at Unadilla. Looks like it will be a fine shoot and I’ll get to break in my new (to me) 20ga. Ithaca/SKB auto. Pictures and update to follow. Glad to see that the temps have moderated. Last week they predicted 97 but today’s forecast is for less than 90. Taking the Pedialite along anyway. If you haven’t tried it, pick some up for hot weather conditions. Great electrolyte balanced and only 100 calories a liter. Of course, I’ve got the standard hunting grub: sardines, kipper snacks, vienna sausage and soda crackers. Not particularly healthy but you can’t violate tradition.Lets hear from the rest of you dove hunters out there. If you can get a limit with one box of shells you ought to brag about it. If you get a triple you need to post your picture. (Along with a notarized document of authenticity.) Have fun, ya’ll.
- August 31, 2016 at 6:45 PM #1860OutdoorsmanParticipant
Sounds like a GREAT WEEKEND! Let us know how it Goes.
- August 31, 2016 at 11:19 PM #1863BFMHUNTParticipant
Nice, good luck! Can’t go wrong with Kipper!
- September 5, 2016 at 7:57 PM #1877D-MoParticipant
Good Deal! Let us know how you do.
- September 8, 2016 at 11:33 AM #1881kingpostParticipant
Good hunt for the folks who made it. Blasted arthritis kept me from making the trip. Maybe I can get down to Clybel. Come on, you other dove shooters and give a report.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.