- September 2, 2020 at 4:19 PM #6834Northern DancerParticipant
We were all ready and well prepared to enjoy every bit of this trip and embrace every opportunity it afforded. So what were the first things that didn’t seem to be quite right? No one took notice that our menu was planned for Thursday, Friday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and all the days to the end of the trip. Woe…wait a minute. There are two Fridays? Somehow, probably due to our pent up enthusiasm, no one noticed that. So we were carting around an extra day’s rations. But so what? We had waited a whole year to regain our little paradise and become amateur coureur des bois [runner of the woods] in our neck of nature’s heaven.
It’s our custom to have a light supper on the first day; something filling until we got down to some serious outdoor eating.
So this is what we had [it’s good anytime or anywhere] and for those who haven’t…
+ TACOS IN A BAG =
1 individual bag of tacos cut along the sie
Spoon in according to your likes,
Shredded cheese [I like old fort],
Chopped sweet pepper,
Cooked hamburger meat with taco sauce,
Crunch the bag a tad then dive in…I mean use a spoon to get at it.
A little tidying up is required. And coffee? Ya can’t beat the aroma of fresh brewed coffee with your tacos. Bon appetit!
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- September 2, 2020 at 5:41 PM #6837BravoParticipant
Sounds like a GREAT Start to a good Menu even if you have a extra Day ! Nice pictures
- September 2, 2020 at 5:47 PM #6839Crane ManParticipant
That’s some fancy eating right there ! Beautiful lake
- September 2, 2020 at 5:53 PM #6840D-MoParticipant
No problems extra Food is always better than coming up Short, We carried more than we needed to Yellowstone!
- September 2, 2020 at 9:03 PM #6841BIG JimParticipant
To Friday’s Sounds good to Me! Would love to figure out how to get that every Week. Beautiful pictures
- September 2, 2020 at 10:02 PM #6842huntaholicModerator
I would like to be eating with you guys Dancer! Great Memories are always made with the Food and Friends , that lake picture is Awesome.
- September 3, 2020 at 7:35 PM #6843Jack 3Participant
I’ll take a couple of Fridays! I’ll take some tacos too, you have a Great Camping trip right there.
- September 4, 2020 at 4:04 PM #6844deercoolerParticipant
You’ve got some Beautiful territory up there Dancer! The Coffee is good out in the Woods for Sure. Absolutely Fantastic
- September 5, 2020 at 1:05 PM #6853BFMHUNTParticipant
I’ve had those before in a bag of smashed up dorittos chips. We called them walkin Tacos! Great little meal to make at camp and easy cleanup.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.