- April 23, 2018 at 9:44 PM #4029
Me and a buddy went down to the property this weekend to try our luck at Turkey Hunting. The season opened on the 15th (Sunday) so we headed down on the next Friday afternoon (4/20) to get ready. The place had greened up pretty nice but was still a little wet. Could only drive it about halfway down to the big pond. I really need an ATV or old 4 X 4 truck, I’m looking. But we did some fishing, setup a wood rack, and tent camped that night. We had deer back strap, chops, deer sausage, and corn on the cob for dinner and had the fire pit going with some good music. Can’t beat it! Weather was perfect in the morning. We setup and started calling early and actually heard one gobble way off in the distance, but it sounded like it was a ways off and never really could get it to come in closer. But just getting out there was awesome to just take it all in. Actually got a picture of a Tom about a day before the season started on the trail cam. Did get a bit of luck and found sign of a septic system at the main camp. I had been looking in one spot where some metal rods were staked off, but found them in a different spot. Got to get it inspected to make sure its viable, but hopefully it will pan out. Here are some pictures from the weekend.
- April 23, 2018 at 9:45 PM #4032
- April 23, 2018 at 9:46 PM #4035
- April 23, 2018 at 9:47 PM #4038
- April 23, 2018 at 9:55 PM #4042OutdoorsmanParticipant
VERY Cool ! Looking good you got a lot of hogs and Ducks down there.
- April 23, 2018 at 9:57 PM #4043D-MoParticipant
Cool pictures ! Mr PIG
- April 23, 2018 at 10:00 PM #4044BravoParticipant
Good looking Tom ! You got a lot of Wildlife, VERY NICE
- April 23, 2018 at 10:04 PM #4045huntaholicModerator
Sounds like a GREAT TRIP ! I know you’re glad you found that Septic System. Just getting Outdoors is a healthy Weekend and Fun.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.