Thanksgiving time

Home Forums Hunting Big Game Hunting Thanksgiving time

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      BFMHUNT
      Participant

We drove from Texas to Georgia to spend time with family for Thanksgiving week. It was really great to see everyone and my oh my the food was delicious. It’s my favorite time of the year and being with family is what its’s all about! After spending some time with my Dad and dinner on Sunday, we headed up to my brothers house just north of Dahlonega in the mountains with 12 acres and I got to hunt a couple of times while up there. My younger brother was not going to be there until later and told me to take a deer for meat if the opportunity was there. Saw deer each time and ended up taking a doe on Thanksgiving morning. I think that is the first time I have hunted on actual Thanksgiving. I hunted a big platform stand right at the bottom of the mountain that had a view of the hill and nice view of the food plot to the left. (2) does came in Wednesday evening but I let them go as one was momma and one was a yearling. Thanksgiving morning, I had a lone doe pop out to my right and start up the hill, she was too close to make a shot at first but as she went up the hill I was able to get lined up on a shot with the 30-30 and take her. He’s got a good setup.

My dad also gave me an old ladder stand that our old buddy Joe that passed away a few years ago used to hunt out of for years. He told me to take it back to Texas and that Joe would get a kick out of me hunting it in Texas. I look forward to putting it up this weekend in a new spot.

Overall a great Thanksgiving trip.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      BFMHUNT
      Participant

pictures

Attachments:
      BFMHUNT
      Participant

pictures2

Attachments:
      huntaholic

Awesome time ! We enjoyed having ya’ll in town with Us. That old 30 30 is a Deer killing machine 😂 can’t wait to see that Stand in Texas and get back there myself.

Outdoorsman
      Participant

Congratulations on a fine Doe ! Thanksgiving is always Great especially the Family and Food.

deercooler
      Participant

Cool Post! Always good to Spend time with family, I’m interested to see the Deer Stand where you get it up. Congratulations on the Doe.

Bravo
      Participant

Sounds like some good times hard to Beat family and friends and a little Hunting to go with it! Congrats on the Doe

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share This