- March 10, 2020 at 10:15 PM #6277
My youngest daughter had her first soccer game Saturday and pictures just before so it was an early start to the day. Her Team is called the Gummy Bears and in its 3rd year together and they won in dominating fashion over a rookie team. It was pretty fun to watch. Afterwards me and a neighbor headed down to the land for a quick overnight. We loaded about 75% of the free firewood found around the City of Richardson and set out. It has rained a pretty good amount around these parts, but not as much as Georgia. It was still very swampy except for around camp. My neighbor got his Toyota Sequoia stuck at camp for a minute, but was able to pull it out with the come-along. We got the firewood unloaded, filled the feeder, put down the salt block and ice cream salt, and did a little fishing. Had deer tenderloin and back strap for dinner. It was delicious. The new private road gate was installed as well, so now all you have to do is press the clicker to open and not get out of your truck. Pulled the cards and got to see a little better view on the size of a good prospect buck for next year.
Overall enjoyed the trip and spending some time in the great outdoors and as always it was too short. Can’t wait to get down there for some more off season projects and for turkey season in late April.
- March 10, 2020 at 10:16 PM #6280
- March 10, 2020 at 10:17 PM #6283
- March 11, 2020 at 8:51 AM #6286OutdoorsmanParticipant
Sounds like a Great weekend ! Always good to get down to the Deer Woods
- March 11, 2020 at 9:09 AM #6287huntaholicModerator
Great looking Soccer team ! I like that Gate it’s going to be Nice.
- March 11, 2020 at 12:28 PM #6288deercoolerParticipant
Good looking piece of land you have, always Great to get down and kick around in the Woods. Gummy bears are looking good too.
- March 11, 2020 at 1:50 PM #6289BIG JimParticipant
Nice property BFM! Where is it located and is that Pond yours ?
- March 11, 2020 at 9:57 PM #6290BravoParticipant
Nice weekend right there, Spending time with your Daughter and then hitting the Woods. Can’t Beat that ! Nice Fish too
- March 12, 2020 at 4:53 PM #6291
- March 13, 2020 at 5:01 PM #6294BIG JimParticipant
That’s awesome ! If the Hunting is Slow you can always Fish.
- March 13, 2020 at 10:05 PM #6295Jack 3Participant
Great times for Sure and a good looking Fish !
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.