- March 27, 2018 at 8:50 PM #3972huntaholicModerator
Well my buddy Travis Wilson and myself were in the Woods Opening weekend and the Action started off Quick ! We were walking in and talking very Softly and moving towards the Middle food plot and All of a Sudden a Crow Sounds off and a Gobbler Sounds Off. We Froze and backed Up and set up just down the Hill around a small Creek, Travis started Calling just after light and the Gobbler Sounds off again and a few minutes later he Flew Down off the Roost. He comes down the hill and starts Strutting around back and forth but he was hanging Up just on the Other side off the Creek, this went on for about 30 minutes and finally the Bird left. Travis moved back behind me and started Calling again and the Big Tom comes back but Hangs up again, well after all that I didn’t get a chance for a Clear Shot but it was One of the Most exciting Hunts I’ve ever been On my Heart was Pounding and Travis his leg was shaking we had a GREAT TRIP. After that it was Time to put out lime an get some BBQ. Great weekend all together. See pictures look Close you may see the Turkey in the middle.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- March 27, 2018 at 8:55 PM #3975D-MoParticipant
Cool Post ! I can see the Turkey
- March 27, 2018 at 9:17 PM #3976BravoParticipant
That’s a GREAT Story, you did a lot better than I did. Went Saturday Morning the woods were Silent. I’m going Back this Saturday hopefully I will see Something.
- March 27, 2018 at 9:23 PM #3977Crane ManParticipant
Sounds like a GREAT TRIP ! anytime you get on that Close its exciting
- March 27, 2018 at 9:24 PM #3978BFMHUNTParticipant
That’s Awesome. Sounds like an action packed hunt. Very cool picture with the bird in the background. Hope you get another chance at him.
- March 27, 2018 at 10:15 PM #3979OutdoorsmanParticipant
Man that’s crazy ! Good Post I can see that Bird.
- March 28, 2018 at 11:20 AM #3980RobbieQParticipant
That looks like a big ol’ bird! Hope you get him next time!
- June 11, 2018 at 10:39 AM #4131SoybeanParticipant
Man, what a morning that was. All he had to do was take a couple more steps. Maybe we will see him again next year.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.