- February 1, 2016 at 8:26 AM #956StillrushnParticipant
Grew nice food plots with God’s help this year but deer really didn’t show up and when they did they tore up this native plant that survived even the hard freeze. Any body know what it is. The stalk seems hollow and has a feel tiny thorns covering it but they won’t stick you.
- February 1, 2016 at 8:29 AM #957
- February 1, 2016 at 9:48 PM #961huntaholicModerator
You got me ! I would have to do some research on that plant.
- February 2, 2016 at 11:25 AM #963kingpostParticipant
Looks like a variety of nettle. Some are designated as “stinging” nettle and can cause a rash. In spite of that the nettle was a common food plant for both human and non-human foragers. Grows abundantly and provides green food even in winter. No wonder it is attractive to browsers.
- February 10, 2016 at 4:51 PM #987huntaholicModerator
Going to have to look around my property to see if I have some of that plant!
- July 25, 2018 at 3:44 PM #4292OutdoorsmanParticipant
It’s Funny how Deer will sometimes walk right by a Food Plot and eat something else.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.