- May 8, 2020 at 4:02 PM #6464
The virus shutdown opened a lot of free time for me and I embarked upon my new obsession, training my new puppy to tracked wounded deer. He is shelter rescued coonhound mixed with golden retriever (we had a DNA test done) We have been working hard for 2 solid months. He has been very impressive so far. I am new to this but we are learning together. Hopefully by deer season he will be ready to find some of yall’s deer! Keep us in mind if you need help. We will be looking for lots of practice, free of charge.
- May 8, 2020 at 4:03 PM #6467
- May 8, 2020 at 4:06 PM #6470
his latest training track, our longest yet. this was an hour old line with real deer blood and interdigital scent from the same deer’s feet. a little blood then 10-15 steps on with the deer’s feet, then a little more blood, so on and so on. we have a long ways to go but he is really showing potential.
- May 8, 2020 at 4:28 PM #6476OutdoorsmanParticipant
Great looking Dog ! Sounds like he’s doing really well.
- May 8, 2020 at 5:30 PM #6477BIG JimParticipant
Soybean that is a Great looking Dog ! He’s got some tracking look to him. Does he have any Walker H Hound in there.
- May 8, 2020 at 5:41 PM #6478
yes! walker mixed with golden per the dna test. his markings look bluetick to me but im no expert. either way, he has the nose, the drive and the brains from what ive seen so far.
- May 8, 2020 at 6:46 PM #6479BIG JimParticipant
Yes Sir ! He might just have some Blue tick in his Background as well. I know your having fun with this. Some good Work for Sure.
- May 8, 2020 at 7:15 PM #6480huntaholicModerator
That’s a good looking Deer Dog ! I know he’s going to do some good Work this Fall. I VOTE Some Blue Tick also definitely has the Color and the look.
- May 8, 2020 at 8:01 PM #6481Jack 3Participant
A Fine looking Dog for Sure ! Congratulations on a New Friend
- May 9, 2020 at 7:08 PM #6482BravoParticipant
I like the way your training this Pup ! A guy I used to work with did the Same type of tracks with real Deer Blood and it seems to have worked GREAT. Keep us posted on the progress.
- May 13, 2020 at 9:32 AM #6492BFMHUNTParticipant
That’s neat, good looking dog and looks like he is progressing well. Keep us posted.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.