- January 8, 2016 at 8:21 AM #828
I was able to put an arrow through this guy on the third day of GA’s 2015-2016 deer season. I had a bachelor group and several does still on their summer pattern hitting the soybeans daily. He was the last deer of 18 to step into the field this particular afternoon. My last range on him was 39 yards. Not my favorite distance to shoot at but I had to give it a try. Nailed him and he didn’t go but probably 40-50 yards before he was done. When he hit the ground it sounded like a car smashing into a brick wall.
My best buck with a bow and my biggest off of Grandpa’s farm. Grandpa passed in 2003. I can’t help but think he sent this deer to me that day. Thanks Grandpa, I miss you buddy!
On a side note, the body size was unbelievable (especially for a GA deer). By far the heaviest deer I have ever taken. Scale at the processor clocked in at 260 lb. I took a pic of it because I figured nobody would believe me. The scale looks to have seen better days so Ill give it a +/- 10 lb tolerance, lol 🙂
- This topic was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Soybean.
- January 8, 2016 at 8:29 AM #833
- January 8, 2016 at 8:32 AM #837
- January 8, 2016 at 1:58 PM #842huntaholicModerator
That was one GREAT BUCK! When I first looked at that picture I thought you were hunting in another state. That is a GREAT STORY an a good way to remember your Grandfather, Congratulations on a Fine Bow Buck! A GREAT day in Gods County.
- January 15, 2016 at 6:30 PM #875Kevin RemillardParticipant
I think I would fall out of the tree if I saw that beast come my way. WOW! Congratulations.
- January 27, 2016 at 9:33 PM #933BFMHUNTParticipant
That is one of the biggest body deer I have ever seen. Congratulations on a fine buck!
- June 7, 2016 at 10:12 PM #1498OutdoorsmanParticipant
WOW that’s one GREAT BUCK! Congratulations on a Fine Hunt.
- June 8, 2016 at 4:28 PM #1513Chasing Tales OutdoorsParticipant
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.