Home › Forums › Fishing › Ocean Fishing › MR SNAPS!
- This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 11 months ago by huntaholic.
- June 18, 2017 at 8:25 AM #2997Kevin RemillardParticipant
My fiance and I got invited to ocean fish with a client of mine. We were down outside of Panama City Beach. We We’re looking for anything that we could fill the freezer with, but most importantly, we were looking for Red Snapper. Needless to say we got one! My Fiance, Elena fought a snapper for about 30 minutes, but she got it in the boat! 28″ Snapper! We also had some luck with a cpl grouper, and i reeled in a cpl MAHI MAHI, which is always good eating too! Elena was def. the winning fisherwoman as she reeled in the best snapper of the day, and 2 BIG King Macrel Fish. If i aint hunting, I’d love to be Ocean fishing!
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- June 18, 2017 at 9:50 AM #3000Crane ManParticipant
Very Nice! Always good Eating
- June 18, 2017 at 9:53 AM #3001OutdoorsmanParticipant
Looks like you Had a GREAT TRIP and that will be some good Eats for Sure!
- June 18, 2017 at 2:02 PM #3002BravoParticipant
That’s a GREAT Bunch of Fish! Congratulations
- June 18, 2017 at 6:58 PM #3003travmorr99Participant
That’s a GREAT Catch! Sounds like a good Trip
- June 18, 2017 at 7:06 PM #3004huntaholicModerator
GREAT FISHING STORY! Looking good
- June 19, 2017 at 8:15 AM #3005kingpostParticipant
Love to fish the lakes and streams but there’s nothing can beat salt water fishing for variety and size. Congrats on a great trip. Bet the fresh fish dinners were fantastic, too. Have you grilled the kings over mesquite? Really good.
- June 19, 2017 at 10:25 AM #3006Kevin RemillardParticipant
I have not cooked any of the kings yet. We had grouper fish tacos With red beans and rice, and we also had a filet of the red snapper over a wood and park soaked in white wine. It was fantastic!
I’ll def try your recommendation to smoke the macrel overmesquite chips. I’ve heard smoked kings is the best way to cook, since it’s an oily dark fish.
You can’t beat fresh fish! I could eat fish, and deer meat everyday! Lol
Richard- get ready, I’m saving some fish for the bus. We’re going to have ” surf and Turf” for opening weekend! You bring the chops ( since I already ate mine) and I’ll bring the fish filets! We can have rice and Corn! Can’t wait till deer season!
- June 19, 2017 at 5:34 PM #3007huntaholicModerator
That’s a Deal! Can’t wait that will be a GREAT Opening weekend for Sure.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.