- August 14, 2016 at 6:42 PM #1797huntaholicModerator
Please Watch out if your going into the Woods this time of Year. Snakes are crawling an trying to find a Few more meals before the fall. I came across this Guy this weekend, lucky that I saw him first. I keep my 38 loaded with Snake Shot for this VERY reason, kind gives you the Willis walking around after seeing one of these! He had nine rattles an a button See pictures Below.
- This topic was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by huntaholic.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- August 14, 2016 at 8:36 PM #1801BFMHUNTParticipant
Glad you got em. Was that at the bus?
- August 14, 2016 at 8:40 PM #1802OutdoorsmanParticipant
WOW ! That’s a BIG SNAKE. Glad you got him.
- August 14, 2016 at 8:43 PM #1803D-MoParticipant
O My that’s a BIG Timber Rattler !
- August 14, 2016 at 8:45 PM #1804huntaholicModerator
Up the road from the Bus!
- August 14, 2016 at 9:17 PM #1805travmorr99Participant
Ouch! Don’t want to See That.
- August 15, 2016 at 10:26 AM #1806LOISParticipant
WOW! That’s big!! ~~~~~~~~ Don’t bring him over here!
- August 15, 2016 at 2:37 PM #1808kingpostParticipant
Get another one or a couple of copperheads and maybe we can work out a trade. Snake skin makes good backing for traditional bows and I’ve got some mulberry and pecan bow staves seasoning right now. Reminds me of a workday a few years ago when we moved a sheet of discarded metal roofing and uncovered a whole colony of small rattlers. Needless to say they were not happy. A good reminder to keep the eyes and ears on alert, especially during bow season.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.