- May 3, 2017 at 4:43 PM #2823
- May 3, 2017 at 4:47 PM #2825travmorr99Participant
That’s a GREAT Idea! Ice Cream salt looks like it’s Working
- May 3, 2017 at 4:49 PM #2826OutdoorsmanParticipant
I’ll say it’s doing a GREAT JOB, I put it Out every year
- May 3, 2017 at 5:28 PM #2827kingpostParticipant
It is hard to overestimate the importance of minerals for the health of the wildlife and for establishing travel patterns for better deer hunting later on. I’ve mentioned before the fossil park near where my older son lives in Cincinnati, Ohio. Big Bone Lick has huge deposits of mega-fauna fossils because the prehistoric beasties congregated there hundreds of thousands of years ago to take advantage of the salts and other minerals concentrated in the clay soil there. Today’s mammals, deer included, are no less dependent on these important dietary supplements. Following the legal guidelines set by the state allows a landowner to really help the herd and still honor “fair chase” principles. Congrats, Bravo, on work well done.
- This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by kingpost.
- May 3, 2017 at 8:41 PM #2831huntaholicModerator
Yes Sir! They are really hitting that Spot. I also use the ice Cream salt along with the blocks and granular Minerals and I try to keep it Out Year round. Good Job
- May 3, 2017 at 9:53 PM #2832D-MoParticipant
Man that’s a BIG Hole you know there Coming By. Always good to put out the Salt
- May 4, 2017 at 8:38 AM #2833Crane ManParticipant
That great ! There really hitting that stuff
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.