- October 23, 2016 at 9:18 PM #2010huntaholicModerator
Well my Oldest Son flew in from Texas for the Georgia Gun Season on Friday, so he had to make sure that his 270 was still On. His brother Kevin also Shot his 30 30 and all was well. I actually shot my Son’s 270 twice an I haven’t shot a rifle in a long Time, I was on the paper both times. Fun Times
- This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by huntaholic.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- October 24, 2016 at 1:44 PM #2014LOISParticipant
LIKE FATHER LIKE SON. (THEY HAVE HAD A GOOD TEACHER!)
- October 24, 2016 at 8:35 PM #2015kingpostParticipant
Good to see the young men shooting offhand. When sighting in it is important to shoot from a stable rest so you’re not chasing yourself all over the paper and, even in the field, you should brace the rifle on a rest of some kind if only a shooting stick. But it is equally important to practice offhand shooting to be prepared for those unexpected opportunities when in transit. First deer I killed was actually standing under my stand as I approached the tree for an afternoon hunt. I was in the open field with no possibility of bracing the rifle. Practice in shooting offhand, with the military sling technique, saw me through and the deer dropped in its tracks. Really felt like an old fashioned hunter on that one.
- October 24, 2016 at 8:55 PM #2017Kevin RemillardParticipant
Great Weekend! Love me some Deer Camp!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.