Tagged: keeping busy
- June 8, 2020 at 3:12 PM #6554
It’s been very busy the past couple of months and I haven’t had a chance to do much posting. Traveled down to Houston for work for a couple of sites, did a little turkey hunting at the land (didn’t see anything) but was able to do some fishing at the pond and finish staining the picnic table at camp, built my daughters a clubhouse at the side of our house (Still need to build the ladder), ended up getting a mule for the land, 4X4 with locking differential, swapped out the stock tires for aggressive tread and a lift. Took it down to the land 2 weekends ago and it worked great through the swamp, I’m very happy and it was a long time coming. This past Saturday was Texas free fish day, where you don’t have to have a license. Me and the girls went out to Lake Hubbard which is just east of Dallas to try our luck. The only fish caught on that lake was a tiny little catfish. We ended up going back for a break and then we hit another spot by our house and finally decided to fish in the creek that runs through our neighborhood. Ended up catching two decent sized Bluegills out of our creek. It was a great day of fishing. I know the summer is going to fly by and it will be deer season soon enough.
- This topic was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by BFMHUNT. Reason: edit
- June 8, 2020 at 3:13 PM #6557
- June 8, 2020 at 3:14 PM #6560
- June 8, 2020 at 3:15 PM #6563
- June 8, 2020 at 3:16 PM #6566
- June 8, 2020 at 8:09 PM #6572deercoolerParticipant
I’ll say you’ve been busy, looking like you had a Great time. I like the Club House and the Mule looks like it’s going to work out really good for Deer Camp.
- June 8, 2020 at 8:50 PM #6573OutdoorsmanParticipant
Some good Stuff right there, those girls look Happy and your right Deer Season will be here Soon ! Like the Mule
- June 8, 2020 at 9:06 PM #6575huntaholicModerator
I can see Us sitting at that new table eating Deer Chops this fall and riding the Mule out with some Big Bucks ! Can’t wait, club house is really COOL.
- June 8, 2020 at 9:11 PM #6576BravoParticipant
Sounds like a GREAT time for everyone and your Mule is big enough to carry everybody !
- June 9, 2020 at 9:29 AM #6577Jack 3Participant
Fun Times! I love the Club House, Very nice turtle shell. Did you buy the Mule with a lift kit ? Looks high.
- June 9, 2020 at 3:35 PM #6578Crane ManParticipant
Really Cool STUFF right there, always good to Spend time with the family, I know you’re girls like the Club House and I like the Mule.
- June 19, 2020 at 1:43 PM #6599
Jack 3, the mule came with some smaller tires that didn’t have that much depth on the treads. The dealer had tires with more aggressive tread, however, they were larger than the stock tires and the machine required a 2″ lift to swap them and not rub the fender wells. It is tall, just barely fits in the garage, but I like the extra clearance as the land sometimes has 8″-10″ of standing water.
- June 19, 2020 at 7:57 PM #6600Jack 3Participant
Great looking Transportation right there ! You have enough room for everything !
- June 22, 2020 at 8:39 AM #6620SoybeanParticipant
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.