- October 25, 2016 at 11:27 AM #2037
- October 25, 2016 at 4:23 PM #2039
Good looking striper. Congrats on the catch and on getting good use out of your kayak. Really one of the great boats and a lot easier to use than most people realize. With today’s large cockpit and sit on top kayaks the intimidating quality of the old trapped inside arctic kayak design is a thing of the past. If an arthritic, overweight, seventy year old like me can negotiate entry and exit, then anyone should be able to. Besides fishing, kayaks make good, low to the water, duck boats.
- October 25, 2016 at 7:31 PM #2048OutdoorsmanParticipant
Nice Fish! Looks like a GREAT way to Fish I have Never tried it but would like to.
- October 27, 2016 at 4:43 PM #2055D-MoParticipant
Sounds like a GREAT way to Do some Fishing! GREAT FISH
- January 24, 2017 at 7:54 PM #2409BravoParticipant
That’s a BEAUTIFUL Fish ! I like the Kayak as well. You can get into small places an find some out of the way Fishing Holes.
- January 29, 2017 at 6:04 PM #2429
My kayak experience was always with someone else’s boat. No longer! Found a great craigslist deal on a Pelican Castaway 10′ sit on top fishing kayak.It came with two paddles, life vest and a camping seat that had been used to augment regular seat and backrest. Can’t wait til weather is warm enough to get it out on the local lakes and rivers. Looks like real fun as a fishing platform and, tricked out with some camo netting, as a mobile duck boat.
- This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by kingpost.
- January 29, 2017 at 6:47 PM #2433huntaholicModerator
That’s a GREAT Looking Boat! I really want to go down the Cartacay River this year.
- February 1, 2017 at 11:16 PM #2438BFMHUNTParticipant
Nice! If you hook a big cat you can sit back and let it pull you around the lake.
- March 5, 2017 at 4:03 PM #2545
A couple of thrift store additions to my kayak. Converted a $7.00 seed spreader into the equivalent of a fifty dollar kayak dolly and modified a molded plastic chair ($2.00) to add better back support to the existing lumbar sling. Gotta have comfort on the long haul. Looking for warm days and the first launch.
- March 5, 2017 at 7:10 PM #2548D-MoParticipant
Looks like you’ve got that Boat Ready ! Now let us know how the next Fishing Trip goes.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.