- December 6, 2022 at 12:58 PM #8485BFMHUNTParticipant
When we traveled back from GA to Texas for Thanksgiving, my Dad (Huntaholic) gave me our old buddy Joe’s ladder stand. I understand he had much success hunting it in Hancock County and up near his house. I put it up Friday at my place in a spot I had been wanting to hunt for a while. Hunted it Friday afternoon but did not see anything. But Saturday morning, I hunted it and had a spike come right in front of me. It is very comfortable and I think its in a really great spot and I look forward to hunting it more this season. Joe taught me how to shoot and ton about hunting and I think he would get a kick out of it being hunted in Texas. I miss my friend Joe and appreciate the the opportunity to hunt in a new location and reflect on the memories and good times at the deer land.
- December 6, 2022 at 12:59 PM #8488
- December 6, 2022 at 4:00 PM #8491BravoParticipant
Really Cool ! That’s a good looking old ladder Stand I’m sure Joe would be Proud. Nice post
- December 7, 2022 at 6:11 AM #8492BIG JimParticipant
That’s Awesome! I know he would be pleased. Very nice tribute to your friend.
- December 7, 2022 at 8:08 AM #8493
- December 7, 2022 at 9:21 AM #8495deercoolerParticipant
Cool Post and I’m Sure Joe would be thrilled to see you Hunting his Stand, all you need to do now is kill a BIG old Buck out of this Stand. Good looking Bie bald Buck!
- December 8, 2022 at 9:30 AM #8497Jack 3Participant
What a Great way to honor your friends Hunting legacy! That’s a unique looking Stand don’t think I’ve ever seen one like it. Hope you kill a Monster out if it. Joe would be Proud
- December 13, 2022 at 8:25 AM #8498OutdoorsmanParticipant
BFM this is a Great Post an Honor to your friend! I’m Sure he’d be excited to know that you are Hunting his Ol Stand. Hopefully you’ll kill a BIG ONE and can do a Mount dedicated to JOE’S legacy.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.