Home › Forums › Fishing › River Fishing › Fun with flies
- This topic has 4 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 4 months ago by huntaholic.
- January 12, 2017 at 3:15 PM #2345kingpostParticipant
I enjoy tying my own flies, especially tying British or European flies and then trying them on local fish. This is a Welsh fly called the Cogyn Now’r Allt – Old Noah’s Fly (that’s a sepia dun on this side of the pond). It is a weighted wet fly. Don’t know what bream think it is but they sure think it is tasty. Maybe the yellow butt is the attractor, but, whatever the reason, panfish smack it hard when stripped in an irregular retrieve. If you are not tying your own, give it a try. Easy to do and really fun to catch on your own creation.
- This topic was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by kingpost.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- January 12, 2017 at 3:20 PM #2348D-MoParticipant
That’s a good looking Fly ! I might have to give that a try.
- January 12, 2017 at 4:09 PM #2349OutdoorsmanParticipant
Looks Good ! Bream would probably hit that for sure.
- January 12, 2017 at 4:14 PM #2350BravoParticipant
You have a real talent there, lets see some pictures when you try it Out !
- January 12, 2017 at 4:17 PM #2351huntaholicModerator
Looks Great ! Bet it Works like a Champ.
- This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by kingpost.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.