- May 21, 2017 at 1:43 PM #2884
Well we had a GREAT Saturday and got the Food Plots in before the Rain. I stayed down Saturday Evening and it started Raining even before the Sun went down. It was if the Lord said your done so here’s a Bunch of Rain to celebrate your good Work! More Blessing’s With all this and the Weather turning Warm it want be long before the Plots will be Up. See pictures
- This topic was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by huntaholic.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- May 21, 2017 at 1:47 PM #2889travmorr99Participant
Looking good! Nice food plots.
- May 21, 2017 at 2:26 PM #2890Crane ManParticipant
That’s some GREAT looking Food Plots! What did you plant?
- May 21, 2017 at 3:18 PM #2891OutdoorsmanParticipant
Looks Good! You always have some GREAT Food Plots. What kinds of seeds do you plant?
- May 21, 2017 at 3:26 PM #2892BravoParticipant
I’d say you hit the timing just right, good looking plots by the way, I like the shape of them.
- May 21, 2017 at 4:19 PM #2893
The seeds are a Mix of iron and clay peas sorghum and millet and sunflower. Hopefully everything will come up good!
- May 21, 2017 at 6:15 PM #2894kingpostParticipant
Do you think laying out the food plots as strips rather than broader “fields” helps the deer feel more relaxed since cover is never that far away? When I’ve seen deer in larger food plots they seem to stick right to the edges or, if the move out into the field, show all the signs of being nervous: stamping, flagging, constantly looking up and around while browsing. Your trail cam shots seem to always show very relaxed deer.
- This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by kingpost.
- May 23, 2017 at 2:50 PM #2896LOISParticipant
Hope all this rain doesn’t wash it all away!!
- May 28, 2017 at 8:52 PM #2903
Well it looks like we are getting a GREAT deal of Rain and that Means the Spring food plots are off to a good Start!
- May 30, 2017 at 2:42 PM #2909LOISParticipant
Sounds great! Good luck!!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.