- September 4, 2021 at 3:09 PM #7780
I have to tell you about my Dad ! he will be 97 November 1st when I Call him he always answers the phone with HELLO THERE and says Hang in there when you say Goodbye. he still lives by himself and cuts his Own grass he had dogs for years but changed to cats so he wouldn’t have to let them out. He’s also famous for Nicknames and has called me Brother Aimis for years. my real name is Richard 😂. His mind is still Sharp as a tack but his legs have given out, he love his lawnmower and golf cart. He has threatened to drive the lawnmower to Longhorns to eat. ONE day he will be gone I know but I really hope he lives to be ONE Hundred years young, definitely one of a kind!
- This topic was modified 2 years ago by huntaholic.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- September 4, 2021 at 3:12 PM #7783
- September 4, 2021 at 3:33 PM #7787Jack 3Participant
That’s Really Cool! Definitely Old School
- September 4, 2021 at 4:32 PM #7788OutdoorsmanParticipant
Great Story! He looks good for 97
- September 4, 2021 at 5:08 PM #7789BravoParticipant
WOW that’s amazing ! He’s definitely one of a kind. Bet he’s got some Stories
- September 4, 2021 at 6:31 PM #7790BIG JimParticipant
Just the fact that he’s still living by himself is Simply amazing, good for him. Hopefully he makes it to 100 !
- September 4, 2021 at 7:53 PM #7791deercoolerParticipant
Congratulations to him! Ok I have to ask what does the Nerk Stand for ?
- September 4, 2021 at 8:11 PM #7792
Deercooler the Nerk is Short for Nuckelhead! My brother in law gave him this name and it Stuck. So check this Out my Dad called my Mom George because he couldn’t say her real name Marilyn 😂 The grandkids called her GG short for Grany George.
- September 5, 2021 at 8:34 AM #7793Northern DancerParticipant
You knew I would have to comment on this post Huntaholic.
It’s wonderful when we can elevate and celebrate our parent’s status in life – it says something about our character. For some of us, as we get older ourselves, we can see our older parents as people. Not always so when we are young and struggling to make our own path in life. There is something marvellous about remaining independent and continuing as “master of the house” and remaining as free as possible when old.
Thank you for sharing this with us Richard. I thought about my Mom while reading your article and other family members who have gone on. It’s a good thing to do.
I wonder – will I still be canoeing when?
- September 9, 2021 at 11:40 AM #7808BFMHUNTParticipant
Nerk has always been a character. My name is Brian and he always called me Breeeeeeeee iiiiian. My wife’s name is Jen and when he met her, he told her he didn’t like Gin, he likes bourbon. So he refers to her as B.B. short for bourbon. He taught me how to drive the old farm truck at 10 years old. Me and my cousin, after we had sufficiently gained confidence, used to take the truck in the back pasture and see if we could get enough speed to hit the hump and get the front two wheels off the ground.
- January 1, 2022 at 1:16 PM #8064travmorr99Participant
ONE of a kind ! RIP NERK
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.