Faith of a Chipmunk

Home Forums General Forum Faith of a Chipmunk

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Northern Dancer
      Participant

The Seed of Faith. In one of the most widely known Scriptures, Matthew 17:20, Jesus said, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.

As I prepare for my first out trip coming Tuesday after our National Day of Celebration I got to thinking about chipmunks. I don’t know why exactly. We have several doing well in the back gardens but I was thinking of the ones up north [as we call it].

He scurries up my pant leg, sits in my lap patiently waiting for me to give him a peanut from the palm of my hand. He quickly stores it in his mouth wrestling with the next one trying to cram it in as well. He searches diligently before charging off to his borrow to hide his treasure. He is persistent as he is a vigilant little creature not showing any sign of fear at all. He seems to have faith and an assurance that this giant in comparison to his tiny stature isn’t going to harm him in any way. Now that’s faith. Like a grain of mustard seed.

I’ll be away when you will be celebrating your national Independence Day – peace to all of you and a happy holiday to you and your families.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Outdoorsman
      Participant

Another great Post as always I actually love these little guys because they seem to have everything in order, hard working and diligent and always planning on there next meal and on the move to some job at the end of a log or under the Big rock. I guess my point is we need to be vigilant and keep moving years ago I heard a Great saying it’s hard to hit a moving target and I think it’s True today.

huntaholic

Mustard seed for Sure Dancer, I think we Should all be busy like that little Chip Monk and Stay close to God’s Word, have a good trip and be Safe and enjoy yourself. We will be having a little BBQ on Our independence day after the Wife Runs the Peachtree road race. God’s Speed

deercooler
      Participant

I love to watch these little workers as the Scuri around I have often thought to myself maybe this is a good idea as a way to look at life, if we would just as the old saying goes Stay the Course ! Especially when it comes to reading the lord’s words and studying the Bible. Here’s to all the Chip Monk fans out there who love to see these fascinating animals.

Jack 3
      Participant

Kinda FUNNY but I believe in the power of the Chip Munk and the Mustard seed, l bet many of you didn’t know that NFL players eat Mustard for pain and yes I have actually used it myself. I really can’t tell you how this stuff works but when you have a Sore muscle or a sprain give it a try you’ll be Surprised. As far a the Chip Munk it shows me that if you work hard and truly believe you can do anything. Good luck on the trip Dancer God go with you and all of Us for that!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share This