- September 6, 2017 at 4:55 PM #3396huntaholicModerator
Well I got a GREAT Surprise a few days ago, a friend of my Wife’s sent me some Elk Stakes and Backstrap ! So on Opening weekend were going to have a Feast ! Anybody had Elk before or know how to Cook it. Reminds me of the Movie Jeremiah Johnson. Will Gear said to Robert Redford can’t figure them People out down there eating Hog when they Could be feeding on ELK.
- This topic was modified 3 years ago by huntaholic.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- September 6, 2017 at 5:02 PM #3399OutdoorsmanParticipant
Sounds like Opening Weekend is going to be Great !
- September 6, 2017 at 6:44 PM #3400Crane ManParticipant
That should be a GREAT Cook Out for Sure ! I’ve never had Elk.
- September 6, 2017 at 8:44 PM #3404D-MoParticipant
Sounds like some good Eats !
- September 6, 2017 at 10:13 PM #3405BravoParticipant
Man that’s a good Opening weekend Meal ! What time are we eating
- September 7, 2017 at 7:08 AM #3406kingpostParticipant
Congrats on the elk. Years ago, when I was in the Navy, got to share in a care package sent from Washington state. A buddy’s father maiied a box filled with smoked salmon and chicken fried elk steaks – and a six pack of Olympia beer. Quite a treat on a snowy Maryland day. Maybe some of the North Carolina elk will migrate down here. If they do we’re gonna need a bigger freezer.
- This reply was modified 3 years ago by kingpost.
- September 12, 2017 at 10:35 PM #3414Kevin RemillardParticipant
ELK TENDERLOINS are Fantastic. I’ve eaten ELK 4-5 times when i’ve been out west. It’s a great eater both on the grill and in Chili!
- September 18, 2017 at 9:14 PM #3439travmorr99Participant
That should be good !
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.