- November 19, 2015 at 8:12 PM #689huntaholicModerator
For the longest time we have been cooking deer meat at camp, chops are a crowd favorite but every now and then we would cook a whole shoulder. My old hunting friend Joel Davis new how to fix it up. This is kinda from memory but it went something like this. Whole shoulder of deer fat bacon laid across it onions an BBQ sauce poured on that a coke poured around the bottom of the pan, potatoes cut up an laid around the outside. Then we would smoke it for about three hours while we hunted. When we came in from hunting you could Shell it throughout the property. You knew it was supper time !
- This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by huntaholic.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- November 19, 2015 at 10:45 PM #702BFMHUNTParticipant
That brings back some memories for sure. My stand was across the pond from the cabin so I was always ready to get back to camp quick after smelling that BBQ all afternoon!
- January 21, 2019 at 5:07 PM #4963OutdoorsmanParticipant
That Sounds like some good Food I’m gonna have to try that !
- January 22, 2019 at 2:46 PM #4964deercoolerParticipant
Man that Sounds delicious I’m going to have to try that Recipe. Looks Great
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.