- November 27, 2016 at 8:55 PM #2134kingpostParticipant
Great trip to Dawson Forest WMA with my older son, David, and grandson,Isaac. It was can exploratory and squirrel hunting expedition while the boys were down from Cincinnati. While no squirrels were taken and only one even seen the trip was a great success. Plenty of squirrel sign, nests, cuttings, nut and acorn hulls but the critters kept themselves in hiding. Did hear the elusive grouse and jumped some ducks from the river. Visited the old Lockheed reactor site and found some deer Hunter’s lost carbon arrow – stuck it upright in case the owner comes back. Good exercise and enough potential to warent a return trip.
- November 28, 2016 at 7:41 PM #2137huntaholicModerator
Sounds like a GREAT TRIP,I really like to Scout New Places to Hunt it’s always Fun Looking around. Would love to run up on a Ruffed Grouse, the Ultimate Game Bird! Please let us know if you return.
- November 28, 2016 at 8:28 PM #2138OutdoorsmanParticipant
Always good to take a Scouting Trip with Family and Friends, just getting Outdoors and enjoying the Woods and all it has to Offer! Good Times
- November 29, 2016 at 7:56 AM #2139
- November 30, 2016 at 7:23 PM #2149travmorr99Participant
Looks like a GREAT TRIP! Always good to check Out a New area. Three Generations VERY NICE.
- December 1, 2016 at 9:00 AM #2153BFMHUNTParticipant
great pictures, looks like a great day in the woods.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.