- May 18, 2016 at 6:58 PM #1425huntaholicModerator
One who Runs in the Woods, these Mountain Men Came from France and Canada to Trap an explore the Wilderness of North America. I have always been a Big Fan of these Men and the Wild and Rough life that they enjoyed. I really admire the way that they Carved out this way of life and also the way that they learned from Native Americans, many took Indian wifes as companions. The Beaver Trade was a Big Part of their Life and help Support them throughout the Year. I’ve said Many times that I was Born a couple hundred years to Late. I can only imagine what walking across North America in the Early eighteen hundreds would have been like !
- This topic was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by huntaholic.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- October 2, 2016 at 6:39 PM #1936OutdoorsmanParticipant
Neat Story! Gotta love those Mountain Men
- October 4, 2016 at 9:25 PM #1937D-MoParticipant
Hatchet Jack !
- May 12, 2017 at 10:10 PM #2866BravoParticipant
This is a GREAT STORY! You have to Admire these Men and the way they took every advantage of the Wilderness life.
- May 12, 2017 at 10:15 PM #2867travmorr99Participant
Good Post! Those Guys were Tuff, can’t imagine what it was like Back Then.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.