- September 23, 2018 at 9:36 PM #4525
Went to the land on Saturday for an overnight. The weather was interesting as Dallas area had 7″ of rain on Friday night and many areas flooded and had rescue. However Saturday started out light rain but it appears all the heavy stuff went west so I decided to brave it. Got to camp fine, the dirt roads weren’t that bad at all. It did downpour for a few hours that night. The main reason for the trip was to work on my bunk beds in the bus that I had started a few weeks back. It took a little bit of trial and error, but I got the setup I wanted and it all came together very sturdy. Just need the end boards on the bunks for the lips and pallet boards to close off the ends, and work on the bedding. Here are few pictures
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- September 23, 2018 at 9:37 PM #4528
- September 24, 2018 at 4:30 PM #4532deercoolerParticipant
Looking Good ! how long did you make them ?
- September 24, 2018 at 4:50 PM #4533BravoParticipant
Hey that’s really Some GREAT WORK ! what are you going to do for Mattresses
- September 24, 2018 at 7:04 PM #4534Crane ManParticipant
Hey you’re a GREAT Carpenter ! That’s Coming along Fine
- September 24, 2018 at 7:36 PM #4535huntaholicModerator
I like it ! Reminds me of the BUS, I know yours will be as Nice as Mine.
- September 24, 2018 at 8:52 PM #4540OutdoorsmanParticipant
Very nice Work ! Your a Craftsman
- September 25, 2018 at 11:20 AM #4541
They are 6′ long by 3′ wide. I may do egg crate foam and then thin mattress pads on top. Got to do some research to see what will work the best.
- September 26, 2018 at 4:33 PM #4549deercoolerParticipant
Your doing A GREAT JOB ! keep us updated
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.