Appalachian Trail- a dream come true.

Home Forums General Forum Appalachian Trail- a dream come true.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Kevin Remillard
      Participant

Hello everyone,
      Hope all is well. I’ve been off the grid for awhile and will continue to be for the next 2 months, but finally made some time to get a post in.

In march of 2022, I decided I needed a break. A break from the real world to clear my head. I was in search of stimulation, a reset, a challenge, but more importantly, I was eager for an adventure and decided I was no longer going to wait till retirement to go after my dreams. I decided to resign from my career in attempt to thru-hike the Appalachian trail. The AT is 2193.5 miles stretching from GA to maine.

Long story short, it’s been the best decision I have ever made. The AT has given me new life, new perspective on what’s important in life and what’s not… it’s truly been a gift to be out in nature and traveling the world by foot in the back country. Words, nor my pictures describe how special this journey is for Me, but it’s been life changing, and I’ve never felt better in my life (mentally, physically and spiritually)

I’ve officially made it to Dalton, Massachusetts 1574 miles by foot. I’m 74% complete. My destination is Mount Khatadin Maine… I still have a lot of work to do, but ima dig deep and ima get there one way or another.

The trail community has been amazing and so kind, and the views and experiences in nature have been down right magical.

Again, pictures don’t do it justices, but here’s a few highlights from my adventure! I’ll post again when I finish the job Abe make it to Maine!!

Cheers!

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Kevin Remillard
      Participant

More photos

Attachments:
      Kevin Remillard
      Participant

More at photos

Attachments:
      Kevin Remillard
      Participant

More AT photos round 3

Attachments:
      Kevin Remillard
      Participant

Round 4 indluding my buddy MR bear!

Attachments:
      huntaholic

Well that’s Awesome Kevin! I would like to do this some day. Keep Us updated when you can, Congratulations

Outdoorsman
      Participant

WOW that’s a Great accomplishment Kevin, i know you’re enjoying yourself. Keep the pictures coming.

deercooler
      Participant

Walk of a lifetime! You’ll have memories for a long time. Very Cool

BIG Jim
      Participant

Those are some Great pictures Kevin! Nothing like spending time in the Outdoors to get your mind right. Life changing for Sure

Bravo
      Participant

So Cool! Beautiful way to Spend 6 months and get back to Nature. Very nice that you could take a Break and walk this trail. Great photos

BFMHUNT
      Participant

Looks like a wonderful experience, enjoy every minute and keep the pictures coming. I know you’ll be excited to complete the trek and we’re all pulling for you

Northern Dancer
      Participant

Kevin:

I really enjoyed your article and the pictures you posted about your splendid trip. I could hear your heartbeat and feel the excitement in the descriptions you provided.

I was glad to hear that you didn’t decide to wait to retirement. It’s never a good idea to wait, especially for retirement. For many it simply doesn’t come. Though resigning your career can be a bit scary, at least for some of us. But, there are always new opportunities for talented people.

I can imagine the hours of thought that you put into this adventure. Selecting equipment, getting your head around the enormous challenges, planning, menu preparation, preparation, and all the other details that come with this kind of commitment. Sometimes you find people aren’t as supportive as you might have liked. But then again you meet new folks that you would never had met had you not done this.

This is a great achievement Kevin – and you know what? It will stay with you for years to come. It might even be the door to new adventures and expression of your life. The possibilites are endless.

Thank you so much for sharing this with me/us – it’s great to know you through this forum.

Please post more pictures and share episodes of your venture – there is so much more to learn.

BM + NORHERN DANCER

PS – Tell me more about the tent you used and the other kinds of equipment.

BFMHUNT
      Participant

Well said, Northern Dancer, you put it in a great perspective.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share This