A big step…

Home Forums Hunting Big Game Hunting A big step…

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Soybean
      Participant

I posted awhile back about working with my new pup on trailing wounded deer. Well, we have worked really, really hard. I joined the United Blood Trackers organization back when I got him, I was looking to learn as much as I could. Fast forward to Saturday. We made a 2 hour drive to meet with a judge of the organization for a UBT-1 assessment. We passed! A+ on a 400 yd blind track, 2 hours old and laid with hooves and 3 oz of blood. A couple turns, a wound bed, a creek crossing, a field with knee high grass, and woods – some thick, some open. I was so proud of my boy. He nailed it and now we are UBT-1 certified by the organization. Never would I have thought my shelter mutt project would have come this far. This by no means makes us experts but its a huge boost of confidence. Im going to have to start challenging my boy even more with line age and distance until we can get to deer season for some real world work. My boy done good!!

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Soybean
      Participant

couple more pics

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Outdoorsman
      Participant

Absolutely Fantastic ! That’s a good looking Dog right there . Very Cool

huntaholic

Beautiful Dog right there ! I can’t wait for this Fall. I knew he would do Great just because of the things you were telling me and how he was tracking. Congratulations my friend all the work has paid off.

Crane Man
      Participant

Congratulations you Sir, that’s a GREAT accomplishment. You must have a Natural way with Dogs. I actually trained a Bird Dog years ago and it takes a lot of Work. Beautiful Dog !

Bravo
      Participant

That’s a BEAUTIFUL Dog ! Is he a mixed breed looks like he’s got some Blue tick , great accomplishment for you and that Dog.

D-Mo
      Participant

Congratulations on your hard work ! That’s a Nice Dog

Jack 3
      Participant

Fine looking Dog and a Great tracker from what I can tell, he’s Only going to get better ! Congratulations

BIG Jim
      Participant

Soybean that’s a Fine looking Dog, Congratulations on a lot of Hard work.

Soybean
      Participant

Thanks everyone. I dont know what areas yall hunt in but I know for sure Ill be working the Gwinnett, Hall, Forsyth, North Fulton, and some Dekalb county areas. I will travel further depending on the situation and availability, particularly up the I85 corridor up to Franklin county and out towards Athens GA. I need to put him on as many tracks as possible this coming season. He is young and we need real life practice. Buck, doe, blood, no blood, doesnt matter. If you think its a lethal hit, get in touch with me. As of now, Im not looking to charge anything to come out and track. Tips and donations will always be apprecited, gas and vehicle wear and tear will surely add up.

Dont hesitate to contact me if you cant find a deer, even if there is little to no blood. Im training him to track the interdigital gland in between the hooves of a deer. It goes into overdrive when the deer is wounded and is like a fingerprint to that deer.

We will track on lead, he is not trained to catch and bay, that may change one day but not this season.

Ill put another post up as we get closer to season with all my contact info.

Thanks!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share This